Sunday, August 29, 2010

revive 2010: day 28

20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."
revelation 3:20-22

God, we receive your words for the Laodicean church. let your church today be one that is sensitive to your voice, and to what you are doing. God help us realize that your Spirit is waiting to come help us. help us to understand that we cannot "do ministry" as if it was our own project and that you would come alongside to help us, rather that we would come alongside you and the work you are doing on this earth, at UCSD. God, let us not get caught up with ourselves, our agendas and plans, but to set our eyes and ears upon you. let us not get caught up with all the busy "work" at hand, but let us be depending on you, Holy Spirit to be guiding us and leading us.

let us be a people to draw upon your power. let intervarsity be a fellowship that depends on you and you alone--not on our own abilities. give us faith to believe that when we become serious and draw upon your power, you will come. give us the spirit of prophecy, that we would be ones that will lean in close to you to hear what you are saying, and what you desire to be doing. let this year be a year marked by one where your people did not follow their own ministry agendas, but was sensitive to your voice, and listened for your leadership.

as we draw near to you, would you draw near to us. God, as we depend on you, would you show up in even greater measures. we let you in, God. we let you in, Holy Spirit. you are welcome here. come LORD Jesus come.

this year, LORD. not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit. in the name of Jesus amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment