Saturday, July 31, 2010

revive 2010: day 1

"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
-Jesus, luke 11:9-10

this is the promise we hold on to. that when we ask our good Father for gifts, He will be faithful, kind, and good to give them to us. but the key is, we must ask.
over these next 40 days, we will be asking. we will be asking God to give us good gifts. we hold on to His promise found in this word, spoken through His son Jesus.

God, starting today, and over these next 40 days, we stand. we stand before the Your Holy presence, in the presence of your angels, and we come before you as your children, and we are asking for the Holy Spirit. God, we stand on behalf of Intervarsity and UCSD, and we are asking for you to pour out your Holy Spirit upon your people. Give us the Holy Spirit. we are asking because You promised us that You will answer us when we ask. You promised us that when we ask, You will give us something better than we can ask or imagine, good gifts beyond all that we can comprehend.

so starting today, God, we will pray with confidence, knowing that every word we pray will reach the throne room of heaven. we pray with full assurance that each word we pray will not go unheard, but will be a sweet sound that reaches Your ears. we know that each word we pray will bring about change. we know know that our prayers will shake the foundations of the kingdom of darkness. we know that our prayers will shake the spiritual atmosphere of UCSD. we will stand confident that You will be faithful to your promise to answer our prayers.

God, thank you for your faithfulness.
in the name of Jesus amen.

2 comments:

  1. Abba thank You that You allow us to come before You and make our pleas. Thank You that right now Jesus is at Your right hand pleading with us. Lord, pour out the Holy Spirit on campus and in our hearts. Give us a holy dissatisfaction for how things are now and fix our eyes on Your beauty. Align our hearts with Your plan, God. We agree with Your plan for UCSD and we stand now as intercessors, lovers, and friends to You.
    We want Your fullness, God.
    Thank You for Your incredible faithfulness.
    In Jesus's name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jesus, dear daddy, I have so many wants and so many desires...It is perhaps selfish, but make me naked before you and make me so aware of the faults and sins I have that I may offer them to you and be freed of them. God through this freedom, would you give me a set of eyes just like yours, to see your campus and your people as suffering within just like me...May I relate and know and feel their emotions and struggles such that I can serve them as if I was serving myself...wholly, fully, completely...Jesus show me that you are greater than what I picture...that you blow my image of a UCSD filled with your presence out of the water...i want to know and believe that what you have in store is so much better than i could have every imagined...i want to be overwhelmed...
    But God...make me the daughter you deserve...it brings tears to my eyes that you made me to be something i can only hope to achieve...i am so stubborn...i do not like help...i think i am strong enough...i can't give myself a break...i will not let go...so hungry for control...please God...make me the daughter you deserve, the daughter you sketched me to be...God bring me close to you so I can hear your heart beat and be moved to desire bareness and freedom from all that I hide from you and the world...make me the daughter you deserve...the daughter free from every pulling factor of the world...free to hear you and see you and move into your people and for your people as you would have me move...
    create in us a desire for your movement in us...that your people will be an unstoppable force...

    ReplyDelete