Tuesday, February 23, 2010

nothing else really matters

 We pray this a lot: "May Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven". 

This morning He wanted me to imagine heaven. 
and I thought, yes, God, I can't wait until You will be King on earth and there would be no more pain, no more tears... no more sicknesses... no more poverty... etc. 
If we are praying this phrase a lot, we should know how heaven looks like, right? 
I think He wants us to understand that there's much more to imagining heaven than no more sicknesses (praying for healing) and no more injustices.

I was also meditating on the song Worth it All by Rita Springer. 'It's gonna be worth it, it's gonna be worth it, it's gonna be worth it all-'
Well, What is going to be worth it? 
He is infinitely worthy, personally I am starting to see that- There is no doubt it is worth it to endure and press in and not settle for the LORD Almighty- but what are these 'it's? 

How do I bring His Kingdom as it is in heaven if my heart is not living daily in the realities of heaven? If I don't really believe that this will all be worth it? All these 'it's in heaven? 

I think a part of me suppressed imagining these 'it's- rewards, the joy set before us, (this is what empowered Jesus to endure his horrible death on the cross too, Hebrews 12:2) the things that will actually last, that we can carry into heaven from earth- because 1) I felt guilty for doing things for rewards (but Jesus knew very well what the joy set before him was...?) 2) Well, it's not often that we actually think about how our lives in heaven will look like. And sometimes, I even doubted that heaven will be the BEST time of my life (ha.ha)- Walking with Jesus here, on earth, is so sweet and beautiful- I don't make an effort to let the truth sink in often that the life on this earth is only a 'layover'. And that is not to diminish the significance of each day that we have here, but I won't get into that in this entry... 

So what things will matter when we are about to be given our new heavenly bodies and live the FULL picture of the life He intended us to live, for eternity? More specifically (and more applicable to this life, haha...), what things that we do and experience here, really matter? 
What things do we get to carry into heaven? We are citizens of heaven, afterall. 

Will numbers matter? Will popularity, sense of belonging in a community, how 'well' we are doing ministry, what people think of us, matter? 

What things will He say, 'Well done, good and faithful servant' to? (I can't even imagine how I will react hearing this from Him someday)

I know my character (my heart) will matter to Him. It matters because a holy heart allows more of the presence of the Holy God. His fire purifies our hearts, and it hurts, but it is because He is so holy. He is so holy I can't even be near Him- He wants to purify our hearts and make it as holy as possible, so that there would be nothing left to be consumed (like the burning bush that was not being consumed that Moses saw on holy ground), that it would allow the most intimacy possible with the LORD Almighty. Because He longs to be so close to us and share as much of His heart as He can with us. 

I also know that 'relationships' will matter- but this is so broad and can be misguided. I believe the only thing that will truly matter in my relationships in the end is how I have influenced others' relationships with God. I think that's how loving others the best way I know how would look like, without me trying to play His roles. 

Kind of tied to the above, I think the last thing that will matter is how I lived my life proclaiming His worthiness. How worthy did I show Him as to everyone I met, everywhere I went? It's so beautiful how each person can show this with their lives, so uniquely. Imagine how much joy it brings Him. =)

So. Encouragement!!! I know some of us are going through the FIRE and it's hurting. But it will matter. It will be worth it. It will leave with us the only things that really matter. We will get to live a very focused (therefore the most joyful) life =) Oops correction kinda- we will get to live the most joyful life because we will get to be as close to Him as humanly possible! (Have you ever felt a challenge in your spirit, to find out how close You can get to the LORD? Like David? Moses? Or even closer? Sounds dangerous... =) Uh oh.) 


-s

No comments:

Post a Comment