Saturday, January 23, 2010

We are Victorious.

"If you feel attacked by the enemy, it means you're doing something right. He wants to attack those that are a threat to him. He wants to attack those that bring the kingdom of God that much closer."

Someone told me this a long time ago and it has always stuck with me and encouraged me in times of darkness. There were times where I felt like God was just letting me get rocked by the enemy because I had done something wrong but this statement definitely changed all of that. As we draw closer to God and as we come to know His heart more and more, the enemy is going to fight back with all that he can. WE are THREATS to the enemy. Do not be afraid of darkness, because the reality is, is that he is afraid of us and the light that we have within. He knows that we have already won and that we cannot be defeated. We have the power of Jesus in us and as much as it hurts to go through times of spiritual warfare, we already have the victory!
During my prayer time, I felt like God placed an image of a burning ring of light and fire. I feel like He was saying that as we press in and continue to seek Him, we become an unstoppable force of His light and His fire and that we need to be confident in this. There will be opposition and there will be attempts to break this chain of light that we're creating, but we have to remain strong in Him and His promises.
Don't forget the power in His name. Darkness will flee simply at the sound of it. Jesus.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment